Transport Research Arena 2018 – What to Expect / January 2018
Get your Early Bird Ticket for TRA 2018 till January 29th, 2018!
The 7th edition of the Transport Research Arena, the biggest European Transport Research and Technology Conference, will take place from 16 to 19 April 2018 in Vienna under the heading “A Digital Era for Transport – solutions for society, economy and environment”. The TRA 2018 will be hosted and organised by the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology, the Austrian Institute of Technology and AustriaTech. It will be co-organised by the European Commission and supported by the European Technology Platforms ERTRAC (European Road Transport Research Advisory Council), ERRAC (European Rail Research Advisory Council), WATERBORNE as well as CEDR (Conference of European Directors of Roads) and ALICE (Alliance for Logistics Innovation through Collaboration), ETRA (European Transport Research Alliance), ECTP (European Construction Technology Platform) and ACARE (Advisory Council for Aviation Research and Innovation in Europe).
This International Event combines a 4 Day Conference with an Industrial Exhibition, Hands-on Research and Live Demonstration in the new Interactive Zone, various side events, technical tours and two TRA Vision Awards. TRA 2018 is an arena for researchers, companies and public authorities active in the field of transport. It welcomes policy makers and stakeholders framing research and transport policy.
More than 3,000 experts will discuss new mobility solutions for society, economy and the environment and will gain extraordinary insights into crucial topics and transformation processes, such as automated driving, decarbonisation, logistics, transport infrastructure and enabling technologies.
Save your seat and get your Early Bird Ticket till January 29th, 2018! Available are 4 Day Conference tickets, 1 Day Conference tickets, as well as Exhibition-only tickets, special rates for students and young researchers and further tickets for events like the Gala Dinner or technical tours.
Find out more about the highlights and discussions of this groundbreaking event!
TRA 2018 Main Conference Themes
Get an overview about the 4 Plenary and 12 Strategic Sessions referring to the main Conference Themes:
#1 Shaping the new mobility landscape – a Vision for Transport & Mobility for Europe
1.1 User-Centric Mobility Systems
1.2 Towards a Truly Integrated Transport System
1.3 Innovative Governance Enabling Sustainable Urban Mobility
#2 How Digitalisation is transforming the Transport & Mobility System
2.1 New Digital Technologies Impacting Transport
2.2 Safe and Efficient Transport through Connectivity and Automation
2.3 Transport and Data Security in a Digital Era
#3 Decarbonisation & Future Growth: How to change our Mobility System & remain competitive
3.1 Decarbonisation for a Competitive European Industry
3.2 Optimising Logistics – Environmental and Economic Benefits
3.3 Infrastructure and Decarbonised Transport
#4 Shaping Future Transport Research in Europe
4.1 Enabling and Implementing Research and Innovation Strategies
4.2 European Transport Research in a Competitive World
4.3 Skills and Professions for Future Transport
TRA 2018 Highlights
- Opening Session with keynote speech by Futurist Gerd Leonhard
- Discussion of high level representatives at the Industrial Round Table: “Europe on the Move”
- More than 600 Scientific and Technical Presentations and Posters in 4 days
- 7.000 m² exhibition including a Marketplace for Networking Activities and Industrial Posters
- Interactive Zone with more than 40 indoor and outdoor demonstrations and live showcases to be experienced as well as live presentations or discussions
- Up to 9 parallel sessions, plus more than 20 side events on site and additional events subsequently to the conference
- Gala Dinner with TRA Visions Senior Researcher Award Ceremony and exciting acts in the historic Vienna City Hall!
- SmartCity-Walk presented by the City of Vienna in the Mall
Become part of TRA 2018!
- Save your Early Bird Ticket till January 29th, 2018
- Exhibition almost sold out – book till end of January 2018!
- Be quick and book your ticket for the Gala Dinner or a technical tour. Limited capacity!
- Promote your presentation at TRA 2018 – get our ready-to-use marketing templates
What else to expect - Coming soon
- Stay tuned and get the latest news about the TRA-Conference App - arrange your own tailor-made programme schedule
- TRA offers you the possibility to book your ticket for public transport in advance and at a reduced rate!
- Registration: http://www.traconference.eu/registration/
- Programme Overview: http://www.traconference.eu/programme/programme-overview/
- Marketing Materials: http://www.traconference.eu/press/marketing-materials/