The workshop is organised in Carpiano (near Milan, Italy) on 27th February within the framework of the ERA-NET Plus Infravation programme to promote a more environmentally-friendly road sector. In this context, the ALTERPAVE project aims to promote circular economy by demonstrating the technical and economic feasibility of replacing virgin aggregates and petroleum-based binders by alternative solutions (recycled materials and by-products). Concretely, the workshop will discuss the following technical elements:
- Use of RAP, by-products and binder rejuvenating agents for the development of eco-friendly and cost-efficient asphalt mixes.
- Promotion of the Circular Economy approach that helps to move towards a more resource-efficient economy.
- Technical validation in laboratory, with ALF and through the construction of a real test track
- Assessment of recyclability and use of smart labelling solution.
- Environmental and economic validation of the technology through a LCA and LCC
- Globally-oriented Supply Management Plan and GIS-based application.